Mark this date down: 1/18/2016-Martin Luther King Day Celebration &.....The very 1st egg that was hatched at Menard/Courville Backyard Chicken Coop. Every week the family has asked, "got any eggs yet?". Well today was the day to finally send the family group text out "Good morning ladies we have our first egg".
As ordinary as an egg may seem, it actually has shed meaning into my life. It got me thinking about finding the "golden egg" in everything that we do. What if our "ordinary" could be as special as "extraordinary" . You know for things like: The first one, the wait that is finally over, the joy of knowing that the hard work and planning that we have put into something is going to prove to pay off, the smile of finding something as simple as "an egg".
We all have worries, fears, doubts, and so many "what ifs" in life that we often lose sight of the extraordinary in ordinary. So do you remember MacGyver? I do and used to love seeing what creative, mastermind solution he would have to a problem that he was faced with. If you don't remember him or have never heard of him then here's a little short summary about him.
"MacGyver is a secret agent with a difference. He is quiet, mild mannered, deeply principled and refuses to carry a gun on his missions. Fortunately, the last detail is unimportant when compared to his astounding mind. Drawing on a vast practical knowledge of science, MacGyver is able to make use of any mundane materials around him to create unorthodox solutions to any problem he faces. A former Special Forces agent, MacGyver works for the Phoenix Foundation, a "think tank" dedicated to righting wrongs and defeating bad guys around the world." http://www.rusted-crush.com/macgyver/macgyver.html
How amazing is it to use ordinary materials to create solutions to any problem?! Here's 5 ways to do just that.
1) Write your target/ results/problem down. Creating visuals of the result makes for a great way to stay focused.
2) Then find your routine materials that you normally would choose to solve this problem or reach this goal(same resources as always-people, products, etc).
3) Now find something extraordinary about that person or products
4) Here's where your creations come in: how can you take that extraordinary piece of that ordinary item and treat it like it's the "golden egg"? Dance, Laugh, Smile, Feel pure joy about this resource and the extraordinary(ness) of it. Get super-excited about it and I mean really excited about it.
5) Write 3 reasons why you are grateful for reaching your target or solving your problem to move you closer with your extraordinary resources.
Think outside of the box and think how MacGyver might use these tools, ideas to solve this problem or reach this target.
He would set his mind to it and not stop until it was reached! This is how you will be the MacGyver of finding golden eggs in any situation and every single day.
Get Ready for your next assignment Secret Agent.